sexta-feira, 30 de outubro de 2015

Louis van Gaal hits back at Paul Scholes over Man Utd style of play

Resultado de imagem para flag englandResultado de imagem para PREMIER LEAGUE

Louis van Gaal has hit back at Paul Scholes after the Old Trafford great criticised Manchester United's current style of play.
Scholes made the criticism after United were dumped out of the Capital One Cup on penalties by Middlesbrough in midweek.
But Van Gaal has insisted he is not affected by anything the club's former players have to say and questioned Scholes' motives for making the comment.
Van Gaal said: "You have an expression in England and it is, 'Sticks and stones can break my bones, but names can never hurt me'. It is a fantastic expression.
"I do not agree with his opinion but I don't want to defend myself. I can't defend because he is a legend and has a lot of resonance, I hear. If you are a legend, you have to speak with the manager, or with his friend Ryan Giggs, or with Ed Woodward, but not because he is paid and then you have to say something.

Why is he saying something? Because of the benefit of the club, or the benefit of himself?

Louis van Gaal on Paul Scholes criticism
"It has no effect on me whatsoever. He doesn't have the responsibility, so he can say anything. But why is he saying something? Because of the benefit of the club, or the benefit of himself?
"[What he says] is not important. I know when we shall lose, and lose, and lose that I shall be finished. But I shall do everything for this club because I think that these fans are unbelievable."
United are currently fourth in the Premier League, two points off top spot after 10 games, while this time last season they were 10th in the table with 13 points.
Van Gaal insists the fans appreciate that the team is improving and are more than entertained with his style of football.
"I think Manchester United are always entertaining. I read also in the papers that it is 'boring' but I don't think there are more supporters in another stadium than this ground," he said.
"It was a fantastic atmosphere because of the Middlesbrough fans but also Manchester United, who supported the players in spite of the defeat. They were applauding when we went to the dressing room.


Middlesbrough dumped Manchester United out of the Capital One Cup
Middlesbrough dumped Manchester United out of the Capital One Cup
"To entertain is also an aspect. You play for the fans. Therefore I say to you the stadium is full in the Capital One Cup. I have seen that is not normal, so they like the way we've played.
"They are seeing that we have more points than this time last year and that we are in the Champions League. We are improving a lot. When you think it can be done within one year, I have said it's a process. It takes three years, that's why I signed three years."

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário